Claiming a weekly benefit payment or a Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefit payment in the state of New Jersey can be done online at the Unemployment Insurance Benefit Claims Online Service. The portal is operated by the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. A user can access a 1099 inquiry, file an unemployment claim, file a continued claim, conduct an inquiry into a current claim and update personal information.
A few hot tips:
- The claim inquiry service is only available from 5am to 1am daily
- IU Benefits will be paid faster to those who certify between the hours of 8am to 3pm Sunday via the Internet
- A weekly benefit payment claim service is only available Monday to Friday from 7am (EST) to 6pm (EST) and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am through 3:00pm.
Please note that if you leave your computer for more than 30 minutes while using the NJUIFILE online service your session will time out. If you time out all of the information you submitted will be lost and you will have to start over again. DO NOT let the site time out! To file a UI benefit claim online please meet all of the following:
- Your last 18 months of work must have all been done in New Jersey
- You did not work as a maritime employee in the past 18 months
- You do not live or work outside the US
- You do not want to reopen or file an Extended Benefit Claim
- You do not have civil service employment in the last 18 months
- You did not serve in the military in the past 18 months
It is also recommended that you have your New Jersey driver’s license number or Non-Driver Photo ID Card on hand when applying online. Also please have a pen or pencil and a piece of paper just in case you have to write down critical information in relation to your claim or benefit. The claim inquiry system allows a user to check their weekly payment rate, the remaining balance and any pending appointments they might have with the One Stop career centers. Please do not commit unemployment fraud as it might result in a serious fine or even jail time.
File your UI claim at: www.njuifile.net